If you’re looking for a little warmth to insulate your body, or a reason for your fat cells to rejoice with joy, try these brilliant brownies. There’s only one condition: guiltless enjoyment when you devour them!
You will need:
- 185g of semi-sweet chocolate chips, or milk chocolate chips for those with a sweet tooth,
- 185g of unsalted butter (cut in pieces)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature,
- 1tsp of vanilla extract,
- 1 cup of caster sugar,
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour,
- Pecan Nuts (optional)
- Sea salt (to top)
- In a medium saucepan, add water to fill 1/3 of the pan and bring to a simmer.
- In a heat-safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate chips, and set over the saucepan with the simmering water.
- Wait for the chocolate chips and butter to melt, forming a silky chocolate sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the mixed egg and sugar mixture.
- Sift in the flour, and fold to combine. At this stage, you may also fold in the nuts.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to a square or rectangular baking pan lined with parchment paper. Instead of parchment paper, you can case the pan with butter and coat the butter layer lightly with flour.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, just until the layer of the batter forms a light cracked crust.
- After removing from the oven, leave to cool and cut in square pieces.
- Serve with a little sprinkle of sea salt and enjoy!